Our Management Team
Tom and Tamra Davison
There is no couple more passionate, creative, determined and hard-working than Tom and Tamra Davison. As 3rd generation Davisons, the two have worked tirelessly together to bring their dream of Davison Orchards into fruition. They are our examples and leaders. Tamra oversees the retail and marketing while Tom oversees the farming, produce packing and apple juice production.
Bob and Dora Davison
2nd generation Davisons, Bob and Dora have worked the Davison Orchard's soil their entire lives. They are the farm grandparents and can be found making treats in the bakery, on the Johnny Popper Tours, in the gardens or up at the animals. Come and ask Grandpa Bob to tell you a story or five!
A 4th generation Davison, Lance has dreamed of nothing else but farming. He (and his wife, Rachel) returned to the farm in 2012 after finishing a diploma in Horticulture from Olds College. As the Production Manager, he works closely with long time employee Mehmood and is excited about growing fruit and veg bringing new innovation and energy as a young farmer.
Kevin is married to Laura, a 4th generation Davison, and joined our farm full-time in 2012 . With a background in mechanical engineering, he is our family farmer-in-training and serves every area as our 'solutions provider'. There is no tractor, computer or broken piece of equipment he cannot fix! You can also find Kevin organizing our apple fundraiser program, in the Produce Barn or driving the tractor for our Johnny Popper Tours.
A 4th generation Davison, Laura joined the farm full time in 2011 after completing a degree in Business Administration from Okanagan College. She works closely with our managers, but you might find her baking pies in the bakery, working in the market or upstairs in the office. She loves the diversity of her job and having the opportunity to work with such a great team of managers. When Laura’s not busy at the farm she is more than busy at home, raising her three boys, Caleb. Levi and Jacob
Lorraine's hard work and administration keeps our Gift Shop shelves full and looking good. She is the Gift Shop manager and organizes the inventory of our Specialty Foods section as well. She works closely with our sampling team providing free samples to taste everyday! She is the one to thank for the delicious samples and knows our products in and out!
Passionate about delicious food and making that food from scratch, Raelene is our Director of Food Services and keeps us all well-fed and happy. Raelene oversees the Café, Bakery, Cannery, and preserve production and coordinates all the extra food for festivals and special events. We are all challenged to keep up to the fast pace Raelene works at.
Betti is entering her 3rd season in the Cannery. She has been instrumental in making sure the Cafe has the items their menu promises, and always leads a dedicated team that strives for product excellence. Oh yes, and how could we forget about those caramel apples? She has to plan the Cannery Operations around caramel apples, fudge making, and Apple Cider Donut-making.
Justin is our Director of Retail Operations and motivates his staff to become "DAY MAKERS" in our market and retail areas. He oversees the market team and demonstrates to them about how to be proactive about seeing the needs of our customers and ensuring everyone's experience at Davison Orchards is a memorable one.
Heather is our Food Services Manager.
Megan is our Bakery Manager
Davison core values that direct our decision-making with staff, customers and products.
- We are hardworking. As the farmers before us, we believe there is no substitution for hard work, perseverance and patience.
- Our environment is wholesome; in the words we speak, in our personal appearance, in the way we conduct ourselves, in the organizations we align ourselves with, in our professionalism.
- We are people of integrity. This is demonstrated in how we treat our team members, our customers, and our suppliers. It is seen in our calculations, record keeping and reporting.
- We treat each other with respect. While roles differ, each individual is critical to the success of the vision of Davison Orchards. We value each team member, their dignity and their contribution.
- We serve one another. We believe the effectiveness of our team and atmosphere is at its best when we put others’ needs ahead of our own.
- We believe cleanliness cultivates excellence. Our workspace, our uniform and our grounds are kept neat and tidy, exceeding expectations and regulations.
- We deliver and expect quality; in our inputs, in our products, in the service to our guests.
- We are teachable. Always learning, always looking to improve, always listening.
- We function as a team with grace; we understand that our vision and values can only be accomplished when we work together.
'No team is a team with out back-up support. We need a great team behind each of our leaders and could not be on top of the all the things we do without them. Our staff all work hard and yet find time to serve our customers with great care and a friendly smile. We truly appreciate each and every one of them!'
- Tom and Tamra Davison